Skip To Main Content

Intervention Programming - Title I

The Dedham Public Schools receives Title I grant funding from the federal and state government to support supplemental reading and math services for qualifying students in eligible schools. School eligibility for Title I funding is determined by the number of economically disadvantaged students residing in a schools attendance area. At present the Avery and Riverdale qualify for and are supported by funding through Title I. 

Title I funding comes with a number of requirements that include parent communication. Annually we must provide all parents and families attending Title I schools with our school's accountability report cards as well as a letter detailing parent's right to know about specific school based information.

District and School Report Card Information

Every year, each public school and school district in Massachusetts receives a report card. Just as your child’s report card shows how they are doing in different subjects, the school’s report card is designed to show families how your school is doing in different areas.The report card includes multiple measures of a school’s performance – more than just MCAS scores. It represents a new way of looking at school performance, by providing information on student achievement, teacher qualifications, student learning opportunities, and more. 

Report cards are designed to be useful tools for everyone connected to our school. Families can use the information to have meaningful conversations with us about what the school is doing well and where there is room for improvement. Community and education leaders can use the information to better understand how to support students and our school. We encourage you to become involved in helping us improve our school. We see parents as critical partners in the success of our students and school, and we are grateful for your continued support.

Finally, if your child attends a school that receives federal Title I funds (ECEC, Riverdale and Avery), you also have the right to request the following information about the qualifications of your child’s classroom teachers:
·        Whether your child’s teacher is licensed in the grade levels and subject areas they teach,
·        Whether your child’s teacher is teaching under an emergency license or waiver,
·        The college degree and major of your child’s teacher, and
·        Whether your child is provided services by paraprofessionals and, if so, their qualifications.

If you have questions about our school’s report card, would like to become involved in school improvement activities, or would like to request information about the qualifications of your child’s classroom teacher, please contact your school’s principal. School and district report cards can be accessed via the link provided here. 

June 2023 Letter Sent Home