The 2021 Annual Open Enrollment for Dedham Town and School Employees health and other insurances will be April 19 - 30, 2021.
- Open Enrollment will begin Monday, April 19th
- It will end at the close of business on Friday, April 30th
- All forms must be submitted electronically to Town Hall
- If you want to continue in the Opt-Out Program, you must re-enroll EVERY YEAR
- If you want to continue in a Health or Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA), you must re-enroll EVERY YEAR
Please be advised that benefit eligible employees have 30 days from their date of hire to make benefit selections.
If you missed the 2021 Open Enrollment, you will have to wait until our next Open Enrollment in 2022. However, there are qualifying life events that can make you eligible for a Special Enrollment Period allowing you to enroll in health insurance outside the annual Open Enrollment Period. The Special Enrollment Period is 30 days from the date of the event.
IRS Qualifying Life Events
- Loss of Coverage
- Losing existing health coverage
- Turning 26 and losing coverage through a parent’s plan
- Changes in Household
- Getting married or divorced
- Having a baby or adoption of a child
- Death in the family
- Changes in residence
- Moving out of service area
For more information regarding benefits, please contact Deb Deegan, Dedham Benefits Coordinator at 781-751-9174.