Bus Application & Safety Information
On September 2, 2020 the Dedham School Committee voted to waive all bus fees while school is in a Hybrid Learning model. All Dedham families with children registered to participate in the hybrid model are eligible to apply for busing.
- Families who wish to have students ride the bus on days when they are scheduled for in-person learning must complete BOTH a Bus Application form and sign a Code of Conduct statement.
- Bus space will be available on a first come, first served basis.
- Bus routes and assignments will be released online as soon as possible.
- Due to the nature of the Hybrid model, bus routes will be different for Mon/Tue and Thu/Fri runs because of differing student ridership.
- Bus Fees will be reviewed and reconsidered when Dedham returns to a full in-person student learning model.
To ensure student safety:
- Bus capacity is capped at 23 riders plus a monitor on all runs.
- Seats will be assigned - 1 student per bench.
- Masks are required to be worn at all times
- Students will be asked to stop and sanitize their hands upon boarding the bus.
- All bus rules highlighted in the Code of Conduct will be strictly enforced. Violations of the mask and seat policy will result in a revocation of all bus privileges.
- Students currently enrolled in Cohort A - 100% remote, who choose to switch to a Hybrid cohort later in the year would be eligible at the time of updated enrollment for busing and accepted on a space-available basis.
- Cohort A - 100% remote students are not eligible to apply now in anticipation of a future switch or return to full in-person learning.