Superintendent Back to School Message: September 2, 2022
September 2, 2022
Dear Families, Faculty, and Staff,
Our educators and support staff are very excited to welcome all students in grades 1-12 back to the Dedham Public Schools on Wednesday, September 7.
You can click here for detailed 2022-23 school calendar information, including start dates for PreK and Kindergarten students. Contact information and start/end times for all schools are located on page 2 of the detailed calendar.
COVID-19 is still circulating in the community. We want to keep everyone safe in our schools. All students, faculty, and staff are urged to remain up to date with all COVID-19 vaccinations. Dedham Public Schools will be following all current DPH and DESE COVID-19 guidance.
COVID-19 Guidelines for DPS At-a-Glance:
- Pooled testing will no longer be conducted in schools.
- Masks are NOT REQUIRED in schools EXCEPT IN SCHOOL HEALTH OFFICES or upon return after a positive COVID-19 test days 6-10.
- DPS will only provide rapid tests at schools for CONSENTED INDIVIDUALS who show symptoms.
- A new 2022-23 COVID-19 test consent form is required to receive a COVID-19 rapid test at school. Students and staff who exhibit symptoms and who do not have a new 2022 consent form on file will be sent home.
- All positive COVID-19 tests conducted by school staff at school must be reported to the MA Department of Public Health.
- Individuals who choose to wear masks in schools will be supported in that choice.
- Contact tracing will not be conducted.
Updated COVID information, links and Frequently Asked Questions will be posted on the DPS Health Office webpage.
Please reach out to the main office of your school if you have any questions. We look forward to seeing all our students back in our buildings soon!