Considered teaching, but don’t have a teaching license?Join us!
The Dedham Public Schools, in partnership with the Collaborative for Educational Services, has created a new Teacher Pathway Program aimed at increasing the number of global majority teachers by providing grant-funded access to an English as Second Language initial teaching license for pre-K to Grade 6.
The Teacher Pathway Program, made possible by a generous grant from the Massachusetts Department of Education, will provide six courses and practicum experience, leading to an ESL initial teaching license for pre-K to Grade 6. The grant also provides participants with a nominal stipend of $400.00 for wrap-around services, including MTEL test fees, books, access to tutors, and transportation. Participants must have a bachelors degree in any discipline to be eligible.
- Language Development & Literacy
- Theory & Practice in Sheltering Instruction
- Theory & Practice in Acquiring a Second Language
- Theory & Practice in Fostering Literacy/New Language
- Literacy Learning for PreAdolescents & Adolescents (5-12)
- Literacy Learning for Younger Children (PreK-6)
- Practicum & Reflective Practicum Seminar
The program begins in May 2023, with a course in Language Development & Literacy.
Application deadline March 24, 2023
If you are interested in additional information, please complete this online form: Teacher Pathway Program Information.
Program questions or inquiries can be directed to Dedham Public Schools Director of DEIJ, Dr. Oneida Fox Roye by phone at 781-310-1019 or by email at: email@example.com.