Principal Hillman Email Update: April 26th
Looking back at the last few weeks of messages to you, it’s apparent that we have had rainy days for the start of the last three weeks. I don’t know about you but Saturday’s weather was a definite welcome addition to the weekend!
Cold and rainy days aside, our week is off to a strong start. DMS teachers are reporting that students are completing more work each week which I recognize is in part to all that you are doing at home. Thank you for your efforts, parents!
Here’s what’s going on (remotely) this week:
- Sources of Strength: Our theme this week is Healthy Activities. I emailed students a slideshow with ideas for each day. We’ve posted them on our website for you to see as well. You are welcome to join in the fun too!
- Academic Check-Ins: It’s come to our attention that you may be receiving many emails regarding your children. DMS teachers understand this and will be streamlining communication moving forward. If your student is missing work or received a low grade for a week, one teacher will be reaching out on behalf of the team rather than multiple emails from multiple teachers.
- Trimester 2 Grades: If your child is failing a Trimester 2 class, you would have received a voicemail from me on Friday. Students have until next week to complete missing work.
- Food Services: Thanks to our amazing Food Services Department, breakfasts and lunches are now provided WITHOUT students needing to be present. The attached flyer has more information.
- Virtual Book Club: Ms. Marie Rasmussen, one of our fabulous teachers, is hosting a virtual book club. Your children can email her to sign up!
- End of Year Logistics: I have received multiple questions regarding the end of the year and specifically, locker clean out. We will be developing a plan to return these items keeping safety as our number one priority.
- Fall Activities: Pee Wee Football and Cheer have information and something fun to look forward to this fall!
Ms. Unger sent me this video and I wanted to share with all of you. We may not be in school but we are all still here for your children.