A message from your PTO Presidents
Dear New and Incoming families,
A warm welcome to Riverdale from the Riverdale Parent Teacher Organization! The Riverdale PTO is a non-profit organization run by parents who volunteer their time to contribute to and to enrich our childrens’ experience in our school community. Our mission is to ensure the best possible experience for all students of Riverdale and to foster an inclusive and supportive community of students and families.
We welcome all parents who wish to get involved, be it for an open role or to assist on key events and initiatives throughout the year. Following is a brief overview of how we operate.
What we do
- Foster a community of kind, inclusive, open-minded families who watch out for one another and our Riverdale students
- Organize and fund cultural, educational assemblies to supplement the school curriculum
- Host community events, including, but not limited to, International Night, Boo Bash, and the Winter Dance
- Support those in need with programs like Thanksgiving Baskets and Helping Hands
- Celebrate our teachers during Teacher Appreciation Week
- Organize and run key fundraisers including the Riverdale Spring Fair and Crocktoberfest
- Provide funds for classroom start up needs and room parent activities
- Maintain and distribute the Riverdale Elementary school directory
How you can help
- Support and/or participate in Riverdale Fundraising events
- Volunteer your time or skills
- Making a charitable donation to the PTO (tax deductible)
- Share (and help implement) your own ideas of how we can improve. Our way is not the only way—we're open to trying new things and keeping it fresh
If you’re interested in getting involved please feel free to reach out directly to firstname.lastname@example.org or take our brief survey at the link https://cutt.ly/noxpDh. We want to hear from you with your ideas and feedback about how we can involve more families and support all of our students.
Please also mark your calendar for our first event of the year, our annual Welcome Ice Cream Social on Wednesday, September 18th from 6-7pm which is followed by our first PTO meeting of the year here at Riverdale from 7-8pm. Babysitting is provided, so please come and join us as we kick off another great school year!
Looking forward to meeting all of you,
Jessica Erickson (mom to Miles, rising 3rd grader and Maceo, rising Kindergartener)
Shannon Teles (mom to Lucas, rising 4th grader, Leo, rising 1st grader and Ollie, Pre-K)
Riverdale Elementary PTO Co-Presidents