DHS - Attendance Buy-Back Policy
Any student who has been absent will have the opportunity to buy back (i.e., waive) up to one day of absences each term, according to the following guidelines:
• Inform your Assistant Principal of your intention to buy back a day and obtain the appropriate form
• Show that form to each of your teachers for initialing on the first day
• Attend school for seven consecutive days without incurring any tardiness or any discipline referrals
• Complete all assignments (including homework) for seven consecutive days • On the seventh day, have each teacher re-sign the form, verifying your attendance and class work
• Return the form at the end of the seventh day to the Assistant Principal’s office • If the student successfully fulfills the above guidelines, a one-day waiver will be granted • Students must check in with teachers regarding potential field trips or other issues.