How To Register Your Child For Preschool & Kindergarten:
2023-2024 Kindergarten Registration Dates
Kindergarten registration will open on January 2, 2023 for Dedham residents. Registering students must turn age 5 on or before September 1, 2023.
2023-2024 Preschool Registration
Families who have been notified that they were chosen in the PreSchool lottery may register online at anytime.
Due to the structure of the ECEC Integrated preschool model, there are always significantly more typically-developing students applying for admission than there are available seats. A lottery
is the simplest and most equitable way to allocate those limited seats. The Preschool lottery is held in December.
The Registration Process
Dedham Public Schools use an online registration system - PowerSchool- for all new student registrations.
The registration link will bring you to an online pre-registration form, where you will be asked to provide:
Child's name, birthday, address, contact information, as well as Guardian name and contact details.
Once this pre-registration form is complete, you will receive an email from PowerSchool with details on how to move on to the next steps in the registration process.
** If you do not receive an email from PowerSchool to the email address you provided please double check your Spam folder first, then contact the Registrar for assistance. Please note that it may take a few days for the registrar to approve your registration.
Below you will find a helpful checklist of information that every new student must provide during the complete registration process. We recommend that you gather the information and documents listed below before moving forward with the online registration process!
**If your child is already an ECEC preschool student, they do not need to re-register with Dedham Public Schools for Kindergarten.
As always, please feel free to reach out to the Kindergarten registrar with questions: ECEC - Carmel Kerrigan - firstname.lastname@example.org - 781-310-8017
Documents Needed for Registration
When completing your online registration, you will need to upload a copy/image of each of these documents:
1. Student’s Original Birth Certificate
2. Parent/Guardian Driver’s License
3. Proof of Dedham Residency:
- If You OWN Your Home: A current property tax bill and a current utility bill in your name.
- If You RENT Your Home: A copy of the current lease and a current utility bill in your name
- If You RESIDE With Family: A notarized letter from the Town Clerk’s office at Town Hall that you live at the current address and A current bill in your name (example- utility bill, cell phone bill, excise tax bill) and A copy of the current homeowner’s property tax bill.
4. Most recent physical and immunization records (dated within the last 12 months) for the student.
- Kindergartners: Physical must include: Vision Assessment, TB Risk Assessment, Lead result, and all required vaccines. (Hearing assessment not required but strongly recommended)
- Preschool: Physical must include: TB Risk Assessment, Lead result, and all required vaccines.
Additional Information for Incoming Kindergartners
ECEC Bus Transportation
Kindergarten students can ride a bus to and from the ECEC during regular school hours at NO cost.
- Bus Application – A bus application is available during the registration process in PowerSchool.
- Click here for Bus Application
ECEC Before & After School Care
Before and after-school, care is available to all Kindergartners and Preschool students once they turn 4 years of age. The 2023-2024 program information and registration will be available here in 2023.
Summer Jump Start Program
Kindergarten Jump Start is a 4 week summer enrichment program with a focus on the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education curriculum standards for Kindergarten success. The program will help children develop confidence when taking the first steps toward reading, writing, attending to a new routine, developing social-emotional skills, being mindful of themselves and others and making new friends.
Students may be recommended for participation in this program based on individual situations or Kindergarten assessment results. Families will be contacted by ECEC administrators regarding the recommendation and any next steps. Students who HAVE NOT been recommended into this program, but are interested in gaining a "jump start" before Kindergarten have the option for choosing the paid Enrichment Jump Start program by registering on the website. Registration opens in March.
Learn More about Kindergarten Jump Start Here