How To Register Your Child For Kindergarten:
2023 - 2024 - Kindergarten:
Students must be 5 on or before September 1st, 2023 to attend. Preregister by clicking here Powerschool
2024 - 2025 - Kindergarten:
Registration will open in January 2024. Students must be 5 on or before September 1st, 2024.
The Registration Process
Dedham Public Schools use an online registration system - PowerSchool- for all new student registrations.
- The registration link will bring you to an online preregistration form, where you will be asked to provide:
- Child's name, birthday, address, contact information, as well as guardian name and contact details.
- Once this preregistration form is complete, you will receive an email from PowerSchool with details on how to move on to the next steps in the registration process.
- ** If you do not receive an email from PowerSchool to the email address you provided please double check your Spam folder first, then contact the Registrar for assistance. Please note that it may take a few days for the registrar to approve your registration.
- Below you will find a helpful checklist of information that every new student must provide during the complete registration process. We recommend that you gather the information and documents listed below before moving forward with the online registration process!
- **If your child is already an ECEC preschool student, they do not need to re-register with Dedham Public Schools for Kindergarten.
- As always, please feel free to reach out to the Kindergarten registrar with questions: ECEC - Carmel Kerrigan - firstname.lastname@example.org - 781-310-8017
Documents Needed for Registration
When completing your online registration, you will need to upload a copy/image of each of these documents:
1. Student’s Original Birth Certificate
2. Parent/Guardian Driver’s License
3. Proof of Dedham Residency:
- If You OWN Your Home: A current property tax bill and a current utility bill in your name.
- If You RENT Your Home: A copy of the current lease and a current utility bill in your name
- If You RESIDE With Family: A notarized letter from the Town Clerk’s office at Town Hall that you live at the current address and A current bill in your name (example- utility bill, cell phone bill, excise tax bill) and A copy of the current homeowner’s property tax bill.
4. Most recent physical and immunization records (dated within the last 12 months) for the student.
Additional Information for Incoming Kindergartners
ECEC Bus Transportation
Kindergarten students can ride a bus to and from the ECEC during regular school hours at NO cost. Students can only ride their assigned bus and have one bus stop.
- Bus Application – A bus application is available during the registration process in PowerSchool.
ECEC Before & After School Care
Before and after-school, care is available to all Kindergartners and Preschool students once they turn 4 years of age. Registration information and application is available on our website.